One of our Association aims is to provide assistance (Charity) to deserving causes in our local community. Should you know of, or consider your-self, to be such a deserving cause to receive our assistance we welcome your enquiry using the application form that can be found on the appropriate drop down tab of the main menu bar.
Some of the Previous Projects we have given assistance to include: –
Lapta Medical Centre
The ATA donated measuring equipment to monitor the growth of babies to young children. This essential equipment was much appreciated by the doctors and staff of the Lapta Medical Centre.
Donation To Şht. Hasan Cafer İlkokulu
30 book sets of Footprints 1,2,3 (English tutorial books), 2 CD/Tape players and Elementary level CDs were presented to the teachers and children of Şht. Hasan Cafer İlkokulu. This will enable the school to supply English learning material to children where the families are unable to pay for the books themselves.
Covered Play Area for Children’s Home in Lefkoşa
Examples of other Past ATA supported Projects are: –
- Support for the S.O.S Children’s Village
- Evening of Music by The Girne Municipality Childrens Choir, The Kyrenis Chamber Choir and The Chamber Trio for (KAV) Kanser Araştırma Vakfı and Help Those with Cancer Association (Tulips).
- Special storage cabinets for the State Archives and also Kitchener Maps
- Redecorated and refurbished a surgical recovery room at Lefkoşa State Hospital
- A Dispensary at the Girne Hospital
- Books and bookcases for all the primary Schools in the Girne area
- Created and equipped a computer classroom with 7 networked computers at a school in Alaniçi Gazi Mağusa
- The European Premier of the Turkish film “Atatürk” was arranged and sponsored by the Association
- Funds and Equipment for the Mentally Handicapped Children’s Home in Karakum
- Provided uniforms for schools and National Dance Teams
- English and Turkish language classes for those wishing to lead a more participatory life amongst the local communities
- Funding the establishing of a diabetic unit at Girne Hospital