One of our Association aims is to provide assistance (Charity) to deserving causes in our local community. Should you know of, or consider your-self, to be such a deserving cause to receive our assistance we welcome your enquiry using the application form that can be found on the download button at the bottom of this page.
Our 2020 Main Charity Project was a Major Refurbishment of the Activity Room at the Mentally Handicapped & Special Needs Children’s School in Karakum
Some of the Recent Projects we have given assistance to during this last year include: –
Karakum Special Needs Children’s School
The Anglo Turkish Association of Northern Cyprus undertook a major refurubisment of the school’s activity room (both interior and exterior, including damproofing walls, re-wiring electrics, installing new windows, painting, etc), constructed a covered walkeway and also toilet facilities, plus upgraded the fitness and education play apperatus. This essential work was much appreciated by the children and staff of the school.
Orthopaedic Disabled Association
The Orthopaedic Disabled Association in Lefkosa received a wheelchair from the Anglo Turkish Association of Northern Cyprus following the associations ‘Blue Bottle Top collection campaign’ which enables old blue bottle tops to be exchanged for new wheelchairs.
St Lucas Church, Lefkoşa, which is going to be used as a children’s/youth centre, received 2 air condition units and a camera surveillance system.
In Girne hand railings were installed in the middle of the steps descending from the main centre to the harbour.
In Lefkoşa the Mevlevi Tekke fountain was turned into a flower bed and more benches were provided all over the Selimiye area.
Toilets at Lapta Primary School were renewed.
Planted a Forest in the foofhills beneath the Taskent Animal Sanctuary & Giant Flag
Examples of other Past Anglo Turkish Association of Northern Cyprus supported Projects are: –
Neolithic Çiftlikdüzü “Archaeopark” project at Tatlisu
The Anglo Turkish Association of Northern Cyprus has provided annually financial funding for the excavation and Neolithic Archaeopark reconstruction
Lapta Medical Centre
The Anglo Turkish Association of Northern Cyprus donated measuring equipment to monitor the growth of babies to young children. This essential equipment was much appreciated by the doctors and staff of the Lapta Medical Centre.
Şht. Hasan Cafer İlkokulu
30 book sets of Footprints 1,2,3 (English tutorial books), 2 CD/Tape players and Elementary level CDs were presented to the teachers and children of Şht. Hasan Cafer İlkokulu. This will enable the school to supply English learning material to children where the families are unable to pay for the books themselves.
Covered Play Area for a Children’s Home in Lefkoşa
- Support for the S.O.S Children’s Village
- Evening of Music by The Girne Municipality Childrens Choir, The Kyrenia Chamber Choir and The Chamber Trio for (KAV) Kanser Araştırma Vakfı and Help Those with Cancer Association (Tulips).
- Special storage cabinets for the State Archives and also Kitchener Maps
- Redecorated and refurbished a surgical recovery room at Lefkoşa State Hospital
- A Dispensary at the Girne Hospital
- Books and bookcases for all the primary Schools in the Girne area
- Created and equipped a computer classroom with 7 networked computers at a school in Alaniçi Gazi Mağusa
- The European Premier of the Turkish film “Atatürk” was arranged and sponsored by the Association
- Funds and Equipment for the Mentally Handicapped Children’s Home in Karakum
- Provided uniforms for schools and National Dance Teams
- English and Turkish language classes for those wishing to lead a more participatory life amongst the local communities
- Funding the establishing of a diabetic unit at Girne Hospital